Beef Shin & Red Wine Stew
A beautifully tender, warming stew - the perfect comfort food.
Chef Malebo is the executive chef at Fleisherei Bistro and provides us with our new range of online recipes.
- Heat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Dice leeks, onion and carrots roughly. Cook over a low heat until lightly coloured.
- Make a bouquet garni out of the bay leaves, thyme, rosemary and black peppercorns.
- Sear beef shin in pan with warm oil to give some extra colour to the meat.
- Place chopped onions, carrots, garlic, bouquet garni, red wine and water in an oven proof pot or oven tray with the seared beef shin.
- Braise for 4 hours until soft and tender.
- Serve ideally with tagliatelle pasta and seared baby tomatoes.