Sticky Beef Short Rib with Butternut Mash
"...The most tender beef short ribs, slow cooked in a soy, golden syrup & tomato sauce served with buttery butternut mash and peas. " - Anina (www.aninas-recipes.com)
Fleisherei Test Drive Comments:
This recipe is just true deliciousness, we can see why it was so popular with Anina's catering clients.
Tender meat, slow-cooked in a rich, sticky sauce - full of flavour!
You've got to try this
at least once, otherwise you are missing out! Try using our C-Grade short rib for even more flavour. C-grade beef comes from more mature animals, but as all the DIY biltong makers out there know - maturity brings flavour.
If you go for C-Grade just add on a bit of cooking time and remove from the stove when at the desired tenderness.
- Heat the olive oil in a cast iron pot, sauté onion and garlic. (We added some chopped carrots and celery, just to boost the flavour base a little more). Add extra oil and brown the meat.
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the sauce (up to butternut) and mix through.
- Pour over the meat, add water, give it a good mix, cover and cook on low heat for 4 hours stirring every now and then.
- Boil the butternut until soft, drain, add butter and mash.
- Serve the ribs with butternut mash and peas.