Minute Steak Prego Rolls
"If you haven't discovered the versatility behind minute steaks, let me be the one to shed some light. This modest cut of meat is budget friendly, easy to cook and can be transformed in many delicious delights." - Anina (www.aninas-recipes.com)
Fleisherei Test Drive Comments:
We definitely recommend making your own prego sauce on this one - it's so much better than shop bought and well worth any extra effort.
- First off, heat a grill pan until scorching hot.
- Rub the steaks with olive oil and fry it for about 30 seconds each side.
- Season with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- For the prego sauce; heat the olive oil in a saucepan and saute the garlic and chilli. Season.
- Add the herbs, tomatoes, puree and sugar.
- Simmer for 30 minutes. You can blitz the sauce in the food processor if you like it more smooth. Remove from heat.
- Heat the butter and saute the onions on high heat. Add a little bit of water, lower the heat and allow to caramelize. Set aside.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and coriander in a bowl and mix it through.
Build your steak sandwiches with a layer of ice berg lettuce on a toasted bun.
- Add the steak, prego sauce and onions. Top with tomato and coriander salsa.