Feta Beef Koftas with Peanut Satay Sauce
Give a reliable staple a new twist with these tasty beef koftas, smothered in a yummy peanut satay sauce.
Chef Malebo is the executive chef at Fleisherei Bistro and provides us with our new range of online recipes.
Directions for Koftas:
- Place mince, finely chopped onions, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and garlic into a bowl.
- Add egg and breadcrumbs to mixture to bind all ingredients together. Mix thoroughly.
- Add Parmesan cheese, basil, parsley and crumbled feta to mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Place kofta mixture on skewer sticks.
- Grill to perfection.
Directions for Satay Sauce:
- Fry onion, ginger and garlic in saucepan, fry until onion is cooked.
- Add peanut butter and coconut milk, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season to taste.
Directions for Side Salad:
- Lightly wash lettuce in ice water with 1 ml of salt to kill any bacteria or pesticides.
- Slice cherry tomatoes, red onion and place in bowl with lettuce.
- Thinly slice carrots and cube feta cheese, place in bowl with lettuce.
- Mix all ingredients with lime and honey dressing (mix olive oil, white wine vinegar and honey together and season to taste).