Pepper Crusted Eland Loin with Garlic Sauce
"These loins are not very fatty, and a few minutes in a scorching hot pan with a little roasting time in a very hot oven made the meat super tender and moist. " - Anina (www.aninas-recipes.com)
Fleisherei Test Drive Comments:
Make the most of our seasonal stock of vension meats, with this deliciously peppery Eland loin. Zucchini fries are amazing - you have to give them a try.
- First off, preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Add the garlic to the oven - roast your whole garlic by encasing it in foil and drizzling it with a little olive oil for about 30 minutes.
- Then, heat your grill pan until very hot, rub the eland loin with olive oil and seal the meat by turning it every few seconds until brown.
- Add the crusted pepper corns on the top side of the meat and transfer the pan to the hot oven for 3 - 5 minutes. Remove from oven and leave to rest.
- For the garlic sauce; melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour and whisk it through making a paste.
- Add the milk little by little, while whisking.
- Cook until the sauce boils and thickens – add more milk if necessary. Remove the garlic from the oven and scoop out two of the soft cloves – add it to the sauce and mix it through.
- For the zucchini fries; heat some oil in a small pot. Dip the zucchini fries in coconut flour, then in the egg and then in the coconut and parmesan 'crumbs'. Fry until golden.
- Serve slices of Eland loin with garlic sauce and zucchini fries. Serves two – with leftovers.