"These Curry Meatballs are best when they have spent a few days in the fridge, soaking up all the sweet curry sauce into the meat. It is served cold, as part of a snack platter or dished up with other cold meats and salads. " - Anina (www.aninas-recipes.com)
Fleisherei Test Drive Comments:
Ok, so this recipe may take a bit of forethought, but, it's totally worth it! A deliciously spiced, curry sauce makes these meatballs a must try!
- First off, grate the tomato into the beef mince, add the soaked white bread, thyme and seasoning. Mix well with your hands.
- Roll small cocktail sized meatballs and arrange it in an oven safe dish. Drizzle with olive oil and bake in the oven at 200 degrees Celcius for 20 – 25 minutes until cooked.
- For the curry sauce, in a medium sized saucepan, heat the olive oil and saute the onion until caramelized, add the water, curry powder, sugar, flour, salt, turmeric, vinegar and apricot jam.
- Simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce becomes thicker.
- As the meatballs come out the oven, pour the hot curry sauce over the meat and leave to cool.
- Transfer into an airtight container and leave in the fridge for about three days before serving.
- Serve with chopped banana, desiccated coconut and chutney on a plate with cold pasta salad and crusty bread. Serves four.