Crispy Pork Belly Ribs with Green Sauce and Honey Roasted Potatoes
"I decided to simply roast the pork belly ribs in the oven until tender and super crispy. The oven does ALL the work here – more time to enjoy a glass of bubbly with the bffs! " - Anina (www.aninas-recipes.com)
Fleisherei Test Drive Comments:
The ultimate mouthwatering ribs with decadent potatoes and an amazing green herb sauce.
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Score the skin of the belly and rub the ribs with olive oil and seasoning.
- Place in a large oven safe roasting tray, cover and roast for 3 hours at 150 degrees Celsius.
- Parboil the potatoes for 6 minutes and drain. Set aside.
- For the green sauce; place the chopped herbs with lemon juice, olive oil and garlic in a pestle and mortar and grind it up until combined. Set aside.
- After roasting time, remove the lid and leave the pork to crisp up, about 15 minutes – you can set the oven to 180 degrees Celsius for this. Be sure to check it regularly.
- Remove the meat from the roasting dish, add the potatoes – to roast in the pork fat - and roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, turn the potatoes over and add the honey – be sure to cover the potatoes.
- Roast for another 15 minutes until sweet and sticky.
- Serve crispy pork belly ribs with green sauce and potatoes.