- 15 ml olive oil
- 10 ml freshly grated ginger
- 2 birds eye chillis, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup good quality beef stock
- olive oil for vegetables
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 2 cups mixed peppers; green, yellow and red, sliced into strips
- ½ cup mixed sprouts
- 15 ml olive oil for meat
- 400 gr beef strips
- salt and black pepper
- noodles to serve
- peanuts to serve
– Anina (www.aninas-recipes.com)
Fleisherei Test Drive Comments:
A juicy, beef stir fry that packs a punch! The ginger and chilli will get your taste buds going, for sure and the peanuts add a great finishing nuttiness.
Our beef strips are made with only the finest topside beef to give you great quality and taste every time.
- First off, heat the olive oil in a wok and saute the ginger, chilli and garlic. Add the liquids and allow to simmer for a few minutes. Transfer the liquid to a bowl and set aside.
- Add a tablespoon or so of olive oil to the wok, heat it up and stir fry the vegetables until tender but still crispy. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Heat the next lot of oil, and let it get smoking hot. Add handfuls of beef strips at a time and stir-fry until done.
- Add the vegetables, noodles and liquids back to the wok to mix it all through.
- Serve with peanuts and extra sprouts. Serves two.